The connecting property management system (PMS) should use OTA_HotelAvailNotifRQ to send availability and restrictions and OTA_HotelRateAmountNotifRQ to send rates and inclusions to pmsXchange.
General Guidelines for Inventory Updates
These guidelines must be followed by all connecting property management systems.
- The HotelCode, InvTypeCode, RatePlanCode and RoomTypeCode are NOT codes provided by SiteMinder Channel Manager (they're not fixed/static). These codes can be adapted to fit your PMS/CRS/RMS (if the codes exist) OR our integrations team simply work with your support teams to generate them at the time of each hotel integration.
- After a reservation is delivered over pmsXchange into your integrated system (PMS, CRS etc), the integrated system MUST return the new reduced (replenishment in the case of Modify or Cancel reservations) 'Availability' value back via the Inventory API.
- pmsXchange v2 only allows Inventory Updates for Room/Rate code combinations that are known to SiteMinder (i.e. have been setup and mapped to the PMS within the SiteMinder Channel Manager). Inventory messages (OTA_HotelAvailNotifRQ & OTA_HotelRateAmountNotifRQ ) containing an unmapped Inventory/Rate Code will fail returning Error '783' - https://siteminder.atlassian.net/wiki/display/PMSXCHANGEV2/Error+Handling
- The PMS should send only changes made by the operation performed in the PMS and not full refreshes or other operations. For example if availability changes from 5 to 4, the OTA_HotelAvailNotifRQ should only contain the availability change and no other data/operation (such as Stop Sell or MinLOS).
- When a hotel is initially connected to pmsXchange a full refresh should be sent to load up the hotel data. After that only changes should be send and refreshes may only be sent under exceptional circumstances. In the case of a full refresh, the operations should be grouped within the same message.
- Identical changes in availability should be grouped when possible. I.e if the inventory value for a room changes to 5 for the dates 1st and 2nd of October then one message should be sent to pmsXchange with the inventory value 5 for the 1st and 2nd of October rather than 2 messages, one for each date.
- Overlapping date range data is not to be sent in an Inventory message, all date ranges in a singular message should be unique for each room type.
- The PMS should be able to resend messages if it is unable to connect to pmsXchange due to for example schedules outages.